- There are many potential solution
- Certain objectives to be optimized
- Interconnectedness between the variable elements of the system.
Product Demand Pattern: The refinery need to be optimized not to exceed a specific product demand pattern of the market. This is normally a fixed parameter and called ‘constraint’ in LP modeling.
- Optimization of configuration of new refineries
- Planning daily, weekly, monthly and long term operation of existing refineries
- Optimization of operation of individual units
- Evaluation of different types of crude oils
IT APPLICATIONS IN PLANT OPERATION
Distributed Control System (DCS) In Process Plant
- DCS distributes its functions into smaller sets of semi-autonomous sub-systems covering specific process or geographic areas of the plant complex.