“There should not be any Grey Areas, black areas. Bottle necks and NO-MAN’S-LAND in the Interface Zone.” If they are not timely resolved, they can lead to a disaster.
DATA TRANSFER FROM PIPING TO OTHER DEPARTMENTS / CLIENTS / AGENCIES.
Broad Responsibilities of Piping Engineer
- RECEIVE / STUDY BASIC ENGINEERING PACKAGE
- RECEIVE / STUDY EQUIPMENT LAYOUTS, P&I—Ds, Specifications
- Prepare General Plot Plan of all facilities
- Prepare Layouts of each individual Units
- Prepare underground co—ordination plan
- Prepare Piping study Drawings
- Prepare Piping Plans /Layouts
- Prepare Piping Specifications
- Prepare Piping design / stress Analysis / support systems.
- Prepare M.T.O. (B.O.M.) for pipes / pipe fittings /Valves etc.
- Prepare Piping ISO-Metrics
- Prepare or co-ordinate Material Handling systems with the designers / suppliers
- Prepare or co-ordinate Fire- Fighting system.
given below :
STAGES OF DATA GENERATION :
Nature of Problems in Interface Areas
MINIMISING (PREVENTING) THE PROBLEMS IN INTER-FACE AREAS
- Improper and/or lack of communication
- Casual Approach to the serious nature and importance of the interaction
- Litharge on the part of an individual or individuals
- Not understanding the QA procedures
- Notion that QA-procedures are an un-necessary burden and bye-passing or skipping the steps.
- Conflicting situations, difference of opinions and not arriving at the jointly acceptable solution.
- Not following the priorities or not prioritizing the work and generating data in wrong sequence
- Not understanding the difficulties and problems of the other disciplines/norms/codes/practices.
- Likes and dis- likes for persons and type of work.
- Lack of Cost—Consciousness or knowledge of cost.
- Ignorance or tendency to hide ignorance.
- Shyness to ask the superiors or colleagues.