ASME Code for Pressure Piping
● B31.1, Power Piping
● B31.2, Fuel Gas Piping
● B31.4, Liquid Transportation Systems for Hydrocarbons, Liquid Petroleum Gas, Anhydrous Ammonia, and Alcohols
● B31.5, Refrigeration Piping
● B31.8, Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping Systems
● B31.9, Building Services Piping
● B31.11, Slurry Transportation Piping Systems
These requirements must be adhered to on piping installations when piping must conform to these codes. In most cases, supports conforming to MSS-SP-58 are acceptable for these installations.
for materials commonly used in the design of pipe hangers and supports are listed in applicable codes and standards.
On piping which is supported from below, provision for adjustment can be made with screw thread stanchions, MSS-SP-58 Type 38, or by shims or grout.