Job title: Design Support Engineer
Domain: Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG) Cranes Manufacturing
Qualification: Mechanical Engineering Degree
Years of experience: 3+
Expected profile of the candidate:
· Good knowledge in sheetmetal designing.
· 2 years (Min.) of hands on experience in Autodesk – Inventor – Sheetmetal, Weldments, assembly & detailing modules.
· Good Knowledge in PLM/PDM – Vault.
· Good knowledge in heavy fabrication industry.
· Good knowledge in welding processes.
· Sound Knowledge in GD&T
· Good knowledge in Tolerance stack-up analysis
· Good communication skill
· Good knowledge in MS-Office
· QMS - ISO awareness
· Good experience in offshoring (India), project coordination, & risk mitigation.
Duration: 1-2 years
|Job Description||Plant Design Engineer|
|Exp. level||4 to 8 years|
|Qualification:||BE - Mechanical (4+ years exp)|
|Ability to read Mechanical and Piping drawings|
|Ability to create interpret and create drawings using Autocad 2013|
|Ability to create parametric models and assemblies using Inventor or Autodesk |
Plant design suite
|Ability to prepare skids and piping drawings|
|Ability to Interpret and develop P&ID|
|Ability to carryout mechanical design hand calculations|
|Ability to apply QC tools in design|
|Ability to handle project communications both Internal and |
external (interaction with overseas customers)
|Industry exposure at least 2 years in a mechanical industry |
preferably in a project management consultancy
|b||Software Exposure:- Hands on exposure with any one of these packages. |
Multiple software exposure is an added advantange
|Auto Cad 2013- High level of competency in 2d drawing preparations|
|Plant design software|
|Office tools such as Excel, Word and Power Point|
|c||Data management :- Hands on exposure on one of the following:-|
|Additonal requirements||Additional Exposure weightages:|
|Pipe support calculations|
|Structural member detailing|
|Structural support calculations|
|Preparation of drawings for chutes and ducts|