- Code Requirements
- Selection by Valve Type
- Can be used within their pressure-temperature ratings and any additional limitations described in the Code
- Except that bolted bonnets secured by fewer than 4 bolts or a U-bolt may only be used in Category D Fluid Service.
Unlisted Valves can be used within Code limitations
- have dimensions that “conform to those of comparable listed components insofar as practicable”
- “provide strength and performance equivalent to standard components”, and satisfy one of the following:
- pressure-temperature ratings established by the method described in Annex F of ASME B16.34, or are qualified for pressure design as required by para. 304.7.2.
Selection by Valve Type