are typical of the types of Generic Construction Project Procedures that are available:
- Underground Piping Installation
- Above Ground Piping Installation
- Field Fabrication of Pipe Spools
- Pressure Testing of Piping
- Insulation Installation
- Rotating Equipment
- Column, Vessel, Tank, and Exchanger Installation
- Boilers and Fired Heaters
the On-Line Reference Library.
ROLE OF THE FIELD ENGINEER IN SAFETY
- How will the materials get to the work location? Can preassembly be done to avoid performing work in tight or cramped quarters?
- Does the work require the use of hazardous materials? Are MSDS sheets available at the site for all materials that are required to be used?
- Have all the required permits (e.g. confined space entry permits) been obtained to allow the work to be performed? Are there any special requirements that supervision or the craft need to be aware of prior to starting the work?
- Have all special equipment tagging requirements been satisfied?
- Are all the required materials available on the site? Have the materials been inspected for damage or flaws that might cause injury during installation?
- Has a thorough review for potential underground obstructions such as existing utilities, energized electrical cables and process lines been performed prior to authorizing the work to proceed?
- Is the proposed work site free of potential fire hazards? Is the housekeeping adequate?
- Are trenches or excavations adequately sloped or shored? Is a special shoring design required due to the depth or location of the excavation or trench?
- Have required rigging plans been prepared and approved? Have the requirements of the approved rigging plan been reviewed with the craft who will perform the work?
- Is the scaffolding required to perform the work properly erected? Is a special scaffold design required to access the work location?
Piping and Mechanical Handbook Contents
|SECTION 1||CORPORATE PIPING/MECHANICAL PROCEDURES|
|SECTION 3||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|SECTION 4||PIPING/MECHANICAL DESIGN DRAWINGS|
|SECTION 5||PIPE SIZES AND MATERIALS|
|SECTION 6||PIPE JOINTS AND BENDING|
|SECTION 8||STRAINERS AND TRAPS|
|SECTION 9||FIELD PIPING GUIDELINES|
|SECTION 10||UNDERGROUND AND EMBEDDED PIPING SYSTEMS|
|SECTION 11||INSULATION AND HEAT TRACING|
|SECTION 12||HANGERS AND SUPPORTS|
|SECTION 13||CLEANING AND FLUSHING METHODS|
|SECTION 14||LEAK TESTING|
|SECTION 15||MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT|
|SECTION 17||AIR COMPRESSOR SYSTEMS|
|SECTION 18||HEAT EXCHANGERS|
|SECTION 19||HVAC SYSTEMS|
|SECTION 20||CHILLER SYSTEMS|
|SECTION 21||FANS AND BLOWERS|
|SECTION 22||CONVEYOR SYSTEMS|
|SECTION 23||CRUSHERS AND PULVERIZERS|
|SECTION 24||BEARINGS AND LUBRICATION|