Multi-Component Distillation Calculation
Thiele-Geddes Method with Theta Convergence
The VBA program in the attached spreadsheet performs rigorous tray-by-tray calculations for multi-component distillation by the Thiele-Geddes method with the theta convergence technique proposed by Holland. The technique involves material balance performed from the top of the column including the condenser to the feed tray and from the re-boiler at the bottom to the feed tray.
- Holland, C.D.,"Fundamentals of Multicomponent Distillation", Mcgraw-Hill Book Company, 1981. P.49-75.
- Thiele, E.W., and R.L. Geddes, Ind. Eng. Chem., 25, 289 (1933)
- Hines, A.L., and R.N. Maddox, "Mass Transfer", Fundementals and Applications, Prentice Hall, 1985. P. 363-368.
- Bubble Point and Dew Point Calculations
- Fourth-Order Runge-Kutta Method with Spreadsheets & Examples
- Flange Rating Calculator (NPS 0.5 to 24) Workbook Spreadsheet
- Flange Rating Calculator (NPS 26 to 60) Workbook Spreadsheet
- Metric Piping Weight Calculation Spreadsheet Workbook
- Steel Pipe Vessel Data and Dimensions Spreadsheet
- Imperial Piping Weight/Load Calculation Spreadsheet Workbook
- Download Free MaxANSI Piping Handbook for Piping Engineers
- Download Piping Joints HandBook